Embrace Change and Turn Challenge into Opportunity – Monaghan Women in Business – Four Seasons Hotel – Tuesday 7th May
Ireland’s Most Adventurous Crutch User is an Amazing Woman!
We had an excellent evening out with Nikki at our May event.
Nikki definitely is an expert when it comes to embracing change and turning challenge into opportunity.
Diagnosed with a rare form of bone cancer – Ewing’s Sarcoma – at sixteen, and the receiver of a second total right hip replacement at the age of twenty-six, Nikki has been on a truly unique journey.
In 2013 she set up a fitness-based awareness campaign called “Fighting Fit for Ewing’s” where she regularly partakes in physical challenges to highlight the importance of exercise for rehabilitation.
Her most recent challenges resulted in her becoming the first person to
- scale four Irish mountain peaks on crutches in 32 hours
- conquer Iceland’s formidable Sólheimajökull glacier on crutches
- attempt a Guinness World Record in Holland to become the fastest woman to complete a 5k on crutches
- abseil off Fanad Head Lighthouse and
- complete the Fan Dance – a gruelling 24km trek through the Brecon Beacons usually reserved for the British Special Forces – on crutches.
Her story has unsurprisingly attracted national and international media coverage and Nikki uses this exposure to share her message of positivity, wellbeing and achievement.
Nikki shared her extraordinarily impressive and inspiring story with us on Tuesday 7th May. This is a truely awe-inspiring lesson in, and example of, the benefits associated with Embracing Change and Turning Challenge into Opportunity.
Thank you Nikki, all those who attended and The Four Seasons Hotel for making this such a great event.
Our next event is scheduled for Tuesday 11th June. More details soon!